Petition Details and ChatPetition ID 1033: Places: decoration previewer has some problems
Submitted Thu, 13 Sep 12 00:28:02 +0000
When decorating a Room, a Page, or the Exterior description of a Place, there are several things which could be improved.
1. The box for naming the Room/Page/Place does not show a preview, so you cannot check how it will display.
2. The box for naming the Room/Page/Place would ideally be bigger (or expandable like the one for the decoration) so you don't have to scroll sideways to read your input.
(3. Related issue: Master Settings: boxes for naming doors also have these issues.)
4. The previewer for the decoration breaks sometimes. When you use particular things, it only shows the text after the final "not allowed" code:
--- 4a it breaks when you use the J colour code, though once the job is set and completed then the decoration does work (complete with the blue).
--- 4b it breaks when you use an alignment code (c, < or >), though once the job is set and completed then the decoration does work (complete with alignment).
--- 4c it breaks when you use the w viewer-weapon code, though once the job is set and completed then the decoration does work (complete with indicating viewer weapon).
--- 4d it breaks when you use the Enter key, though once the job is set and completed then the decoration does work - but the Enters do not work as new lines.
--- 4e it breaks when you copy-paste things from a word processor. Have not tested to see what the decoration does.
5. However, the previewer does not warn you when you have left unclosed formatting tags. If you start but don't close them, then colours, bold, and alignment all bleed through to affect the chat area and the bottom of the page.
6.Likewise, the Room/Page/Place/Door name input boxes do not warn you if you have unclosed formatting tags. They mess up the navlinks.
I'm not sure if this is everything. Place-builders, please, any further comments?
Back to the List of Petitions
You have to be logged in to chat.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Game Design and Code: Copyright © 2002-2005, Eric Stevens & JT Traub, © 2006-2007, Dragonprime Development Team, 2008-onwards © Improbable Enterprises